- Position title: Organization Development & Effectiveness Consultant
- Grade: N/A
- Position N°: N/A
- Reference: ADB/17/004
- Publication date: 19/01/2017
- Closing date: 29/01/2017
- Country: Côte d’Ivoire
The AfDB’ s mission is to fight poverty and improve living conditions on the continent through promoting the investment of public and private capital in projects and programs that are likely to contribute to the economic and social development of the region. It has made significant progress in solidifying its place as a key development partner for its Regional Member Countries (RMCs) and has had great impact on development in Africa over the past 50 years. Over the last 10 years in particular, it has both expanded its range of activities and maintained its AAA rating. Among various achievements on the continent, from 2012 to 2015 the Bank has improved access to transport for 20 million people, improved access to electricity for 10 million people, and supported agricultural developments that have benefited 10 million people. The African Development Bank is now the leading financial institution in the continent and Africa’s voice on global economic, financial, and development issues. The Bank has also continuously increased its capital to sustain growing lending in Africa while retaining its AAA rating. Since September, it has initiated and assumed the leadership role to drive the implementation of the Bank’s Ten Year Strategy (TYS) with a focus on key areas TYS’ High 5s. The TYS pursues two broad strategic objectives – supporting inclusive growth and a transition to green growth. While these objectives remain relevant, a number of recent global and regional economic and social developments require that implementation of the TYS be scaled up significantly to accelerate development impact and focus on five high priority objectives - namely, Light up and Power Africa; Feed Africa; Industrialize Africa; Integrate Africa; and Improve the quality of life for Africans (together, the “High 5’s”).
THE HR DEPARTMENT
The role of the Human Resources Management department is to develop and execute a People Strategy, Policies, Processes and Practices which will enable the Bank to achieve its strategic Agenda. Core to the HR Strategy will be the attraction, development, engagement, motivation and retention of a best-in-class workforce.
In order to create a truly transformed HR work-way, CHRM department is structured around a triangular Model: Business Partnerships for strategy, client contracting and HR delivery, Centers of Expertise/SMEs for internal consulting, thought leadership, design, talent and staff development and training and best practice benchmarking, HR Shared Services for transactional excellence and employees outreach. This new HR Model will deliver a world-class employee life-cycle experience.
Duties and responsibilities
This role will lead the innovation, design and delivery of AfDB- specific organization effectiveness and change solutions.
The Consultant will act as Adviser to and will partner the HR Director on the implementation of major organizational development (OD) initiatives to increase leadership and organizational capacity.
We are looking for someone with a highly analytical approach, leadership skills and strong project management skills. The ultimate goal of this position is to identify trends and manage change to drive faster adoption, greater ultimate utilization and higher proficiency on the changes impacting employees in the organization so that business results are achieved.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES WILL INCLUDE;
· Works with Complex/Departments to assess and recommend actions to improve organizational effectiveness; leverages technology in the integration, administration and delivery of assessment and employee engagement processes.
· Identifies, tracks and analyzes metrics to measure organizational effectiveness solutions for employees; conducts organizational assessments and provides data analysis and feedback for Teams.
· Lead workplace of the future effectiveness agenda; integrate and support diversity and inclusion planning and assessment for the bank, including gender, multi-cultural and multi-generational awareness as well as readiness.
· Lead and plan Bank- wide interventions to foster a vibrant organizational culture focused on the New Business Model and the High 5s.
· Develop leadership assessment strategy that includes leadership potential, readiness and development; provides strategic consultation on utilizing assessments for development.
· Contribute to broader Learning and Development initiatives; Partners with all divisions within human resources to develop, align, leverage, and integrate strategies and programs.
· Manage and drive faster adoption, greater ultimate utilization and higher proficiency on the changes impacting employees in the organization so that business results are achieved.
· Identify and conduct strategic reviews of People systems, processes and business operations to identify optimization opportunities.
· Lead in designing, building, and implementing roadmaps and programs in alignment with HR and business strategies.
· Communicate project progress, implementation and related policies and programs to cross-functional stakeholders and senior-level management.
· Partner and advise on end to end change management for specific projects across the organization: craft the strategy aligned with business goals, create actionable plans, help the teams execute on those plans, measure success, flag issues and cement the change.
· Identify periodic reviews of the various elements of HR projects and People trends in order to analyze opportunities and new projects, and make appropriate recommendations to ensure programs remain relevant, competitive and affordable.
· Maintain expert knowledge in the field by researching best practices, monitoring legislative developments, evaluating emerging trends, keeping appraised of advancements and conducting benchmark comparisons.
· Manage critical analysis on high-impact HR issues.
· Partner and collaborate with all Division Managers in the HR Department (HR COE, HR Business Partners and Shared Services) to understand business needs, deliver superior solutions, and evaluate results.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
Master’s Degree in HR Resources, Organization Development/Effectiveness.
- Considerable knowledge of current global HR trends and practices.
- 15 years (minimum) of experience consulting with senior leaders to develop and implement company-wide initiatives.
- Project Management Certification achieved (preferred) or underway.
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Project Management software.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies.
- Strong analytic, project management skills and decision making abilities.
- Ability to anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation-management and make necessary tradeoffs.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to build relationships with client groups and influence decision making at a senior level.
- Works as a business partner with the HR Team.
- Ability to successfully deal with ambiguity and deliver results in those situations.
- Strong leadership, negotiation, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to create practical and engaging HR tools and presentations and visualize data in a concise yet impactful way.
- Strong communication skills - oral and written.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence others at all levels of the organization.
Languages: Fluent in either English or French and a fair understanding of the second one will be an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Applicants will only be considered if they (a) submit a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) demonstrating relevant qualifications and experience, and (b) are registered in the African Development Bank’s Consultant Database, in DACON via this link: http://www.afdb.org/en/projects-and-operations/procurement/consultancy-services-dacon/
2. Candidates should submit their applications online, attaching their CV in addition to a Motivation Statement of no more than one page. The CV and Motivation Statement should be attached as one pdf or Word document.
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.